Alright, as some of you have already noticed at our Facebook-page:
The next DATASTORM is August 3-5, 2018. So mark your calendars, synchronize your watches, and put those pay members at work!
Ok so DATASTORM is over and we’re completely blown away by all the positive feedback! More than a few people say it’s the best demoparty they ever went to. Good to hear that our hard work with bizarre details paid off, even if some of you were a bit reluctant to submit your entry into Mr. Submission’s back parts…
So now we did two DATASTORMs in 7 months. The next DATASTORM will be in the summer of 2018, so there’s enough time for you to dive deep into your data and finish all those compo entries!
Finally, thanks to:
- Sky & Palle Dahlstedt for helping out with the barrel organ
- Totenfrau for popcorn and construction, Carin O for the logotype
- Truckstop for being the bestest, Anders for decoration and props
- Alexandra Dahlqvist for arm wrestling the shit out of us
- Elektron for mad fresh drum machine prizes
- Raycore for bringing Chris Huelsbeck
- Chris Huelsbeck for his talk and his compo winner
- Mahoney for an A+ interview of Chris on stage
- K12, The Baron, Conqueror, Bacchus, Bob & Hedning for amazing talks
- Tentakel, Zabutom, Optiroc and Sm0gtom80 for the music
- Renata for telling our misfortune
- The Toilet for an amazing bloody opening ceremony
- Fairlight, G*P, PACiF!C, and Boozoholics for invitros
- Todi for domain fixing
- sLASH for the Mr. Submission action
- Bjoppen for on-site in-action
- SceneSat for sharing the party with the world
- And to all the visitors, supporters and fans. ♥
Send your photos and videos to email@example.com.
PEEEOPLEE ARE YOU REEEEEEAAADDYYYYYYYY!!!???
The music deadline is set to 20:00 on friday, submit by e-mail if you will not arrive on friday. We still got room for you, as we have doubled the party area with an outdoor tent and an outdoor bigscreen!
Challenge the World’s Strongest Woman in arm wrestling at DATASTORM for a chance to win eternal fame and glory… and a shot! Alexandra Dahlqvist is a local artist, dental technician and powerhouse with some serious muscle mass. But will it be enough to meet your smart ass sneaky technique and data biceps? We will see on Saturday!
Got unpreserved C64-floppies? Well, here’s a chance to get that precious data saved for the future. We (Dymo and Ca$h) will preserve the disks to digital *.d64-files. We can later upload unique finds to CSDB, of course considering material flagged as no-spread will be kept that way. The digital *.d64 disk images will be given to the disk provider, bring a USB-stick or something… E-Mail is also an option.
Elektron will give the winner of each music competition one of these beat making powerhouses!
Compact, rugged and to the point. Digitakt is a formidable drum machine and sampler. With an astounding feature set and an exquisite digital sound engine, the stage is set for a striking encounter.
Each one of these retails for 7600 SEK. Thanks a LOT to Elektron for this kind gesture!
Kirkulus will recap your C64 at DATASTORM. Price: 200 SEK. Talk to him at the party!
The Voodoo Lady will be at DATASTORM to tell your misfortune! For one hour on Saturday you’ve got the chance to meet the scene’s #1 fortune teller. Wow! Please sign up via e-mail to make sure you get a session. The Voodoo Lady operates exclusively on Saturday, 18-19.
Prowler donated some copies of The Masters of Pixel Art as prices in the graphics competitions.
He will also be present at the party selling the books and we are sure he will sign your book if you ask him.
Read more about the books here.
Thanks to Raycore who help us flying in legends and expanding the party, we can really focus on making this party a spectacular experience for everyone!
Visit their site here: